Tuesday, January 2, 2007

January 2007

Happy New Year!

This is my first time blogging, so I figured why not blog about my favorite hobby--reading books. I love reading. It relaxes my mind and takes me away on a mental vacation. Currently, I am reading "All Aunt Hagar's Children" by Edward P. Jones.



I purchased this book at a United Way Bookfair because I like to support African American authors. I had never heard of this author before and decided that the book was a great read because the author won a pulitzer prize. So far, I have not been disappointed. This collection of short stories is very real and touching to the core. I think it gives people an inside look at black working class people with hopes, dreams, struggles...just like any other American.

What I'd like to do with my posts is create an online journal of each book that I read. I've been a member of a couple of bookclubs, which eventually ended. As a new mom, it is easier for me to discuss books online. I tried joining the online club R.A.W.Sistas, but missed the deadline. Which inspired me to pen "HaiDadaReads"--Yes, Sister Reads. Look forward to meeting other booklovers and a great new year. Cheers!

No comments:

Blog Archive

My Library Thing