Monday, June 29, 2009

15 Books That Will Always Stick With Me...

Hello Readers and Authors,
I have not posted a blog in ages, but I am feeling inspired this summer to get back into blogging. I just signed up for a 30 books in 30 Days challenge and will post my thoughts and reviews as I finish each book. I was tagged in a note on Facebook entitled "15 Books That Will Always Stick With Me...". The directions was that you could only take 15 minutes, but I really sat down and thought about how far back into my memory bank I wanted to go. I think I've read some great literature over the years and felt that I should share those over the sometimes quick, catchy reads LOL Anyway, here's my list:


1. Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
2. Roots by Alex Haley
3. The Autobiography of Malcolm X by Alex Haley
4. Possessing the Secret of Joy by Alice Walker
5. The Color Purple by Alice Walker
6. The Hanging of Angelique: The Untold Story of Canadian Slavery...by Afua Cooper
7. Hottentot Venus: A Novel by Barbara Chase Riboud
8. The Kite Runner by Khalid Husseini
9. The Red Tent by Anita Diamant
10. Living Water by Obery Hendricks
11. Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett
12. The Memory Keeper’s Daughter by Kim Edwards
13. Quilting the Black Eyed Pea by Nikki Giovanni
14. Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston
15. Warriors Don’t Cry by Melba P. Beals

You can check out the titles I have selected in tje 90 day book challenge below. Join in the fun by signing up on http://written.ning.com

No comments:

Blog Archive

My Library Thing